Get Motor Vehicle Insurance on the Central Coast


Insure Your Light Vehicles

Are you looking to buy a new vehicle for business use? Are your current insurance policies coming up for renewal? Ensuring your vehicles are adequately insured is a legal requirement, but determining the right policy for your needs and budget is a matter of choice!

At Coast & Country Insurance Consultants, we can help find the most suitable Motor Vehicle Insurance or Heavy Motor Insurance to meet the needs of you and your business. Based in The Entrance, we service clients throughout the Central Coast and all over Australia. Call (02) 4334 3622 to chat to a broker about finding your next policy.

Commercial Delivery Van in Row — Insurance Broker in The Entrance, NSW

Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance

Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance can provide cover for most light vehicles used for business purposes. This includes any cars, utes, vans, trailers, light trucks and forklifts that your business may rely on to operate. Available as a stand-alone policy or packaged in with Business Insurance, this insurance can typically cover up to 14 vehicles under a single policy.

As a comprehensive policy, it’s designed to provide cover against unintentional damage to your vehicle, any third-party vehicles involved, and third-party property damage. Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance doesn’t typically provide cover for third-party injuries sustained as a result of an incident.

Motor Fleet Insurance

If you have 15 or more commercial vehicles, Motor Fleet Insurance could be the most appropriate option. Again, multiple vehicles can be insured under the one policy, with the ability to choose the level of cover for each. You may want to comprehensively insure some vehicles, but only opt for third-party fire and theft, or third-party property cover for others.

Large Number of Commercial Vehicle — Insurance Broker in The Entrance, NSW
Woman Driving Her Car — Insurance Broker in The Entrance, NSW

Private Motor Vehicle Insurance & CTP

Private Motor Vehicle Insurance covers your personal vehicles only, not those that you use primarily for day-to-day business activities. Depending on the level of cover you require and the estimated value of your vehicle, you can select from third-party property, third party fire and theft or comprehensive cover.

When ensuring any vehicle in Australia, whether it’s private or commercial, Compulsory Third-Party Insurance (CTP) will also be required. CTP provides coverage for people who are injured or killed as a result of a motor vehicle accident.

Frequently Asked Questions

Commercial Motor Insurance can vary between policies and insurers. A typical comprehensive policy will cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if damaged or stolen; and third-party property if damaged by your vehicle. There are often additional benefits built in to policies such as cover for vehicle signage, stolen tools of trade and a hire car allowance. An insurance broker can help you find the right policy that covers your unique business demands.

Yes. Under most policies provisional drivers and young drivers (under 21) are covered, although there’ll typically be an additional excess payable for claims. Learner drivers can also be insured under some policies.

Typically there will be no limit to how many commercial vehicles you can insure under a Motor Fleet policy. However, 15 is often the minimum number of vehicles required to take out this insurance. Commercial Motor Insurance can be used to cover smaller fleets, and this can also be included in a Business Insurance package.

02 4334 3622